Our modern day life style is difficult. Stressful work, extensive traveling in traffic to and fro, bad eating habits, lack of physical activity and sleep, Spending long hours on social media, etc. All of this takes a toll on us and reflects in the form of stiffness, brain fog, anxiety and depression and diseases.
I often had those gloomy days where I did not want to do anything but just lie down. There were days when I was extremely stiff with aches in various parts of my body. I felt lazy, sick and sleepless. I was extremely anxious at times and at times depressed. In my quest for trying various things that can relax my body, mind and spirit I got to know about Self Massage (Abhayanga)
I must say this was one of the best things I came across. It is one of the best way to calm down the anxiety introduced by our modern day life style. It’s a way of expressing love for yourself – Your body, mind and Spirit.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Select the oil of your choice and heat it luke warm.
- Start with the head massage with your finger in circular motion slowly moving backwards. With the tip of your finger lightly press the points behind your skull above the neck.
- Now using the the same oil start massaging your body starting at your feet slowly moving upwards using large strokes.
- Make sure to go in circular motion near the joints
- Once the whole body is covered you can let the oil stay for sometime and then wash it off.
- If you don’t have time or don’t want to use oil that’s also fine. Just make sure you use gentle strokes to avoid hurting your skin.
- It would be great if you can spend about 30 mins but even 5-10 mins go a long way.
- If you cannot incorporate it daily make sure you at least do it 1-2 times a week.
Below are some fabulous benefits I experienced myself:
- Instantly lifted my mood.
- Raised my body temperature by increasing the blood flow.
- Relaxed my mind and body there by helping me relieve from anxiety, low feelings and helped me ground myself.
- Reduced stiffness in every part of my body there by making my muscles limber. Thus helped reduce pain and prevent injury.
- Helped me sleep better and faster.
- Improved my skin complexion and texture.
- Helped stimulating my organs and lymphatic system for them to perform better.
- Helped remove toxins from the skin
There are a lot more benefits. The biggest benefit I got was getting relief from my anxiety and depression. It instantly made me feel good
I want you to try it and experience all the benefits your self. All you need to do it include this in your daily if not weekly routine