Self-Esteem is an extremely important factor for every human being. The track you take in life is mostly decided by your perceived value of yourself. It’s the self-esteem that decides if you will have any situation head on with confidence or or respond with panic and curl yourself in a cocoon.
A lot of us develop low self esteem due to bad experiences like being bullied at school or dealing with prolonged criticism, bad relationship etc. The low self esteem negatively affect us making us feel not good enough,depressed, hurt, anxious, guilty and frustrated.
We all go through regular ups and downs in life but if we have high self esteem we can face the given situation properly. For people with low self esteem it may be all the difference.
But here’s the good news you can always develop your self confidence with a few slow but steady practices. Let me list a few for you that you can start with:
- Practice positive self talk. This helps you quiet the inner critic. You can also write a compassionate letter to your self.
- Take care of yourself. Eat good food, workout regularly and sleep well
- Practice positive visualization. Close your eyes and visualize how your life is changing positively. The more detailed the better.
- Help others or solve a problem. This helps developing a feeling of accomplishment and boosts your confidence.
- Set small goals that are achievable and take action. Reward your self for the accomplishments
- Connect with the higher power. This brings a flow of positivity in your live making you feel someone is there looking after you.
- Try creative ways to express yourself like painting, action monologues, music,poems,etc
- Do social service. This give you a sense of worth and boosts confidence